Monday, July 19, 2010

Vintage Santa & Angel

These two cards were actually pretty easy to put together.  Even though there is a lot going on I saved a ton of time by not stamping and coloring the images that I used.  They are from Crafty Secrets.  I picked them up a few years ago from a local stamp store that has sadly gone out of business.  I could always count on them to carry more unique items that the big box stores don't bother with. I started with a pre-made craft color card and then cut and embossed a piece of a lighter color craft cardstock.  I used one of the new Cuttlebug metal embossing folders for that.  Next, I took some distress ink and sponged over it to make it look older.  I finished that piece by inking around the edges with a dark brown pigment ink pad.  The folder was much narrower than I wanted my card so I used a MS border punch to make a trim to go down the side.  I wanted a little something behind Santa but nothing that would steal his spotlight so I just used a Spellbinder's scalloped circle die and used a gold paint pen to trace around the edge.  I did the same thing to the fancy square that I cut with a MS corner punch.  I put a postage stamp sized cut out on that one.  To finish the card I just added a little gold trimmed satin ribbon and a bow.  The angel was almost a carbon copy of this card but I used a Cuttlebug scalloped square behind the stamp on this one and since the angel was a lot lighter than Santa I didn't ink the background nearly as much. 

No comments: