Monday, January 27, 2014

Decorated wine bottle

Well,  I did it!
I got off Pinterest and actually made something that I pinned!!

I've seen lots of repurposed/upcycled wine bottles and knew that I wanted to try something like that.  I've been sick of my fireplace mantel lately and wanted to update the items on it.

Here's what I came up with.


I covered the bottle with some burlap and hemp string.  I also added some pearls, rhinestones and lace.  
The flower was made with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.  I used several different random pieces of fabric I had lying around.  I added an antique looking button as well as two hat pins.


For a first try,  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.


If you're like me and having been pinning stuff for "someday" I highly recommend setting down the laptop and giving something a try.  I was proud of myself when I finished this.


Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Patti P. said...

Renee, how gorgeous. Love that flower. What a great job and you should be proud of yourself.
I bet your updated mantel will be lovely.
Hope you are doing well.
hugs.....