Hello Ai fans! What a great day this is! Art Impressions is releasing their new line...the BIG MOUTHS! I've created two cards for you along with a tutorial.
My first card features BIG MOUTH BERTHA.
I've created a "little" tutorial for you. I've done lots of tutorials in the past and I must say that this one challenged me. I'm not sure why because this wasn't that difficult to make. For some reason I found it tough to explain what I meant on some of the steps. I originally viewed THIS YouTube video and used some of her tips.
1. Stamp and color your image.
2. Cut out the image.
3. I didn't have the die yet when I made this card so I just chose a section of her mouth to cut out with the x-acto knife. You need to trim between the two lips so that she looks right when her mouth is open.
4. Stamp and color what will be going inside of her mouth.
5. Attach the mouth piece to a pull tab and line up the inside of the mouth under Bertha where you want it to lie on your base. (nothing is adhered at this point)
6. Place her mouth back "together" with the pull tab underneath.
7. Adhere the inside of the mouth and place the "stopper" piece. This will keep you pull tab from coming completely out. Use more foam adhesive to create a "track" for the pull tab to slide between. You'll also need stoppers at the top so that her lower lip will stop once it reaches the top lip.
8. Pull off ONLY the foam tape that will adhere Bertha to the card. Leave the backing on the slider tab because you need it to slide up and down.
9. Place Bertha directly over the inside portion of her mouth. Your tab should move up and down now staying within the parameters of her mouth.
10. Place your base on your card however you want. I thought about something a little too late...I should have decorated the bottom portion of the pull tab with some DP. I don't really care for the look of the white paper against my card. Oh well...I guess I'll have to make some more of these fun cards now so I can try that out!
Here's the inside of my Bertha card. I used the verse Fabulous You (Sku#G2987)
My other card features the new CAT BIG MOUTH set.
W1, W3, W5, BG02, BG10, BG15, BG93,R11, R81, E00, E25, E37, E41, E42,
E51, E93, R000, R00, R32, R81
Cat Big Mouth:
YR31, Y0000, B32, RV0000, RV02, RV10,
C00, C1, C3, B32
TRIARTS: Y7, B9