Thursday, May 10, 2018

"Under Foot" with Art Impressions Girlfriends

Hello Ai fans!

It's my turn to be featured on the Art Impressions Blog!

Today I decided to make a couple of scenes with "floors" that I created.

I used two new adorable sets from Art Impressions.

4988 Sunny Shades Set
and
4989 Crazy Friends Set



Both are from the ever popular Ai Girlfriends line.


I apologize for the funky photos.  My craft room is in my basement with no windows.  I have fluorescent lights which are not great for taking craft photos.  I have a homemade light box but I didn't get up and use it after each step of my tutorial.

I've created a tutorial I'm calling "Under Foot".  For my first card I made a dance floor.  My girlfriends have decided to out to a night club.  They needed a Girls Night Out and they got it!


I sketched it out with a ruler and pencil first to be sure I was happy with the placement and then traced over it with a fine point sharpie.


Next I masked off the black squares with Washi tape and filled them in.  I started with the lightest color and worked me way up to the dark and then blended.





My next step was to fussy cut out the upper part of the girlfriends.  Their feet stayed attached to the flooring.


I popped them up on dimensional foam to give them a 3-D effect. 



Below is the inside of my pink card.


My second card features a sidewalk that I created.
These girlfriends weren't as lucky as the first two and had to wait outside the nightclub on the sidewalk for a little while.


Below is the inside of my yellow card.



Copics on Pink card:
 N2, C00, C5, C7, 100, B14,E33, E35, E67, E51, E93, YG25, YG67, RV02, RV34, R85, V05, V17

Copics On Yellow Card:
R20, R22, R43,T1, T3, T5, C7, W00, W1, W3, TG06, YG11, YG63, YR02, YR15, YR21, YR27, YR31, YR61, Y15, E00, E11, E13, E15, E21, E31, E33, E35, E37, E50, E51, E81



No comments: