Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Totally cool guitar card!!




 I can say it's totally cool and not be bragging because it wasn't my idea.  I fell in love with it when I saw Linda Bullard's guitar.  I just had to try it myself.  Dominick is in an after school guitar club that ends next Monday and I needed a thank you card for his teacher.  Is there anything that could be more perfect than this.  I know he'll love it.  I pretty much kept it the same as Linda's but I did change some things so that I could call it my own.  I used silver cording that stretches for my strings and the cool thing is they really make sounds when they're plucked.  I also used black brads.  I also didn't have the same color paper and ink that she had so I used Stampin' Up's So Saffron paper and Color Box fluid chalk ink in Bisque.  (the card base is SU Soft Suede) I also sponged a little Scattered Straw distress ink here and there. I actually made 2 cards since my nephew who is a big Wii Rock Band fan has a birthday in 3 weeks.  One is a little shorter and one is a little taller. I'm not sure which one I prefer.  Inside I mimicked the card front and then added a strip embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and a few music notes from a Hanna Stamps set. I totally love how they turned out. Inside of the band teachers I stamped thank you and inside my nephews says happy birthday.  I think both guys will enjoy them.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Awesome, I think I'll have to copy it to send my DD.