Friday, April 9, 2010

Vintage Blind Date: I want Wilber, you take Orville!

This is one of my April entries for the Art Impressions contest.  You had to use the picture of the airplane that they had posted on your card.  It was kind of a challenge for me.  I'm not even sure what I'll do for a second entry yet.  I decided since the plane was older I would make it into a filmstrip.  I chose my papers from my scrap bin and just went with prints that seemed vintage to me.  I used an EK Success border punch on the bottom piece.  I used some photo corners on it as well because those always make me think of my Grandma's old photo albums.  I made the flowers myself with a variety of retro flower punches.  After I glued them together I used Pearl Ex to give them some shimmer and added some pearls and a crystal for the centers.  The leaves were done with punches and I took some gold wire, wrapped it around my paper piercer and made some springs to add here and there.  I colored the image with water color pencils and outlined it with a gray copic marker.  I also sponged some antique linen ink around them to make the paper look older.  The Gossip Club stamp actually has three ladies in it but I only wanted to for this card so I trimmed the 3rd lady out. 

No comments: