Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Tom

Okay, so I'm a little early with this one but when I get an idea I have to see it through right away otherwise I may lose it.  My husband's birthday is in August and we are always at the lake he grew up on to celebrate it.  Therefore I always try to do a fun, "outdoorsy" type of card for him.  Last year I did fish...  I realize they are almost the same colors but trust me,  he won't remember!  This completely adorable One in every crowd stamp is from I Brake For Stamps.  I bought it several months ago and I'm not sure why it took me so long to use it.  It was so much fun to color!  The card took me about a week to make because I don't get much craft time and some days I would sit for 15 min. & work on it while others I might have been able to spend a couple of hours.  The image was colored with Copic markers to start with.  I then added glaze to the toucans beaks,  red dimensional paint on all the berries and of course on cool toucan I used stickles to really make him stand out.  I stamped the toucan with berry on a separate sheet and then cut him out.  I wanted one guy to be off the page like some of the jungle leaves.  The leaves were cut with a sizzix yellow die and then painted with acrylic paints.  I used two flower punches to do the flowers and added seed beads and more dimensional paint for the centers.  The two embossed backgrounds were done with Cuttlebug folders.  Martha Stewart makes the Happy Birthday punch.  I use raffia that I just curled with my fingers to look like some vines.  Well...I think that just about covers everything.  I had so much fun making this card and watching come together.  Now I just have to keep it hidden until August! 

I decided to take some fun, artistic shots of this card to try out a cool color setting that my camera has.  I was able to select one color and then take the picture.  Only that color shows up in the photo making everything else appear black and white.  I think they came out pretty neat.

No comments: