Friday, July 23, 2010

I took a long look at my life...

perhaps you heard the scream that followed?  I had fun making this card.  I did something a little different this time and I traced a tag template to make my card base.  The front paper is embossed with a Cuttlebug 12" strip folder.  I used a Spellbinders die to make the matte that the sentiment is on and a punch to make the little tag pocket.  I stamped Sylvia on white paper and then again on printed paper.  I cut out the printed paper and pieced it onto her for her dress.  The rest of her is colored with Copic markers.  The flower on the pocket is cut out of the same paper as her dress.  I then used another punch to make the tiny tag and stamped a phrase from SU on it.  I hope this card makes someone smile.

Well, I'm glad that I have made several upbeat cards lately because I got terrible news yesterday.  My sister's oldest friend (we're talking 30 years here and my sister is only 35) lost her younger brother, father of 4 in a horrific car accident yesterday.  My next several posts will probably be sympathy cards because I will need to make at least 3.  (one for me to give her, one for my sister to give her and one for my sister to give her father)  I'm also assuming my other sister may ask for one so please bear with me through all of the sad cards.  I still want to post them because unfortunately we all need them once in while and you may see something that would work for someone you know and get inspired.  I know how much I enjoy browsing other crafter's blogs no matter what they have posted. 

Have a great day and appreciate every minute of it.  Although you don't know her, if you're up to it, please keep Christine's family in your thoughts.  Make sure people know that you love them today.  (and every day)

No comments: