Thursday, July 22, 2010

A little humor this morning



I've had this stamp for quite a while and used it many times.  Most of my husband's family golfs and I have quite a collection of golf stamps to accommodate all their birthdays, anniversaries etc.  This couple has always been one of my favorites.  They're simply called "golfers" and can be found it two places on the Art Impressions website, here as a clear set or  
here, mounted or unmounted. I chose to both color and paper piece them for a more realistic look.  I love how using patterned paper makes it look more like they're wearing real clothes.  This can be time consuming so I kept the remainder of the card fairly simple.  The background is a piece of bashful blue cardstock from SU.  All I did was take a sponge and dab some white pigment ink on it to add some clouds the grass is made with a Martha Stewart punch.  The front of the card is a little shorter than the inside and I took a scrap piece of white paper, ran it through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder and glued that on the side so that it looks like a golf ball border.  As you can see, the inside is even simpler.  I stamped the birthday greeting, a golf flag and added a little more grass.  I can't wait to give this to someone!


No comments: