Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Do the best you can in the time you are given


Isn't that such a pretty sentiment?  This card was made with 5 different stamps from a Cornish Heritage Farms set called time to stamp.  They are in the process of going out of business so unfortunately I don't know that you can still purchase this one. (very sad... I really liked their stamps)  I was asked to make a card for a man's birthday, something a little more sophisticated.  I thought this phrase was nice for a birthday card.  Inside simply says Have a wonderful birthday.  The designer paper that I stamped with the clocks and flourishes was cut with the largest spellbinder label die in that set.  I still wanted to matte it though so I used a little trick that I picked up.  First you place the die you cut your original image with on the paper you want to matte it with.  Next, trace around the outside of it.  Lastly, cut it out and you have your matte!  Pretty cool huh?  I did the same thing on the smaller label too because I wanted them both to have the 1/8" matte instead of one at 1/8" and one at 1/4".  I wanted to give the card a little dimension and movement too so I stamped and cut out the pocket watch and then attached it with a chain looped through an eyelet.  When you pick up the card it swings around.  Hope you all have a nice day!

No comments: