Thursday, October 7, 2010

Masculine Nature Get Well



I recently found out that a friend of mine is very ill.  We work together at the school and he's in charge of the most challenging kids in the entire school.  He is a big bear of a man and yet the most gentle and patient guy when it comes to those kids.  He lets them know who's boss but he cares so much about them.  I've known him for about three years now and in those 3 yrs. he has put his life practically on hold to take care of his aging parents who have been in and out of the hospital.  Now he's the one who is battling cancer.  Things are looking up after a serious infection set him back weeks.  I wanted to make a card that reflects his personality.  He's a huge outdoorsman.  Most of our talks are either about the kids or our mutual love of nature.  He can't wait to tell me when he's spotted the first returning Hummingbird in the spring or when a bear lumbered through his back yard.  I think he'll really enjoy this card and hope he knows that I think of him often.





Card makings:
Stampendous deer stamp
Cornish Heritage Farms: Get Well Soon
Rubbernecker wood corner stamp
velvet ribbon
plastic bears, tree and leaves
$1 leaf stamps
twine
buttons
Copic markers
Stampin' Up: Word Window punch, tag punch

2 comments:

Tracy Vinson said...

Very nice and rustic looking. I am sure this will cheer your friend righ up.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.