Saturday, January 12, 2013

All white challenge and a rosette tutorial

Welcome to another Sugar Creek Hollow challenge and tutorial. 

Today's challenge is to make an all white card with only the focal image having any color on it.


  My tutorial today will be teaching you how to make a rosette.
I've long admired projects that use a rosette on them and finally taught myself how to make them.
It's very easy and I think once you try it you'll want to use them on lots of your projects.

Step 1
Cut a strip of paper 12" x 2"
If you want a decorative edge then start your punch in the center.


 Step 2
Cut the entire border



Step 3 
Score every 1/4" or every 3/8" 
I found those measurements work best
I used 3/8" due to the pattern on my punch. 


Step 4.
Accordian fold on the score marks. 


Step 5
Connect the ends
(it will look a little like a cupcake paper)
and punch a circle to bind it in the back.
Place a glue dot, glue, or hot glue (works really well)
on the circle. 


 Step 6 
 Fold the rosette flat and adhere the circle to the back.


 Step 7
Turn over and use on your project.



Follow Me on Pinterest 
 

3 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

your card is beautiful - love the rosette toot (-:

Meggymay said...

Beautiful Wedding card, its a great tutorial as well.
Yvonne

Patti P. said...

Love your wedding card. I love the scored bg. Your tutorial was great, I will have to give this a try.
Hope you are well, have a good week.
hugs...