Friday, September 8, 2023

Sitting Amongst the Flowers from Art Impressions

Are you feeling blue?

Everyone at Art Impressions is.

But...in a good way!

The latest challenge on the blog is Feeling Blue.


We've been challenged to use lots of blue on our projects. On my two cards I used blue paper, paper with blue flowers, I colored some of my flowers blue and I have a blue flower pot.



For my first card, I took the shutters from 5770 – FB Farm Fence Die Set, cut them in half and turned them sideways because they made me think of a flower box planter.  I then filled them with flowers from the new 5794 – Whimsical Flowers.


On my first card, the 5776 – FB Sitting Girl is sitting on the fence.  On my next card I perched her on the window sill. I know that may seem a little far fetched but we'll call it artistic license.  Actually, when I was in Austria this spring our hotel room had a ledge outside the window that would have been wide enough to sit on.  I wouldn't recommend it though since we were on the second floor...lol!  We used it as a fridge since we didn't have one in our room.


Inside the house there's a flower pot and watering can from 5792 – WC Mini Journal Containers.


The little tufts of grass are not from Art Impressions but I wanted to give a little shout out.  I recently took a trip to Buffalo and was lucky enough to visit Buffalo Stamps Store.  One of the things I purchased was Scene Building: Grass Tufts Dies.  This store is INCREDIBLE!!  There are so few Brick and Morter stores left and it was so fun to wander (in awe) at all of the product sitting right in front of you.  If you're ever remotely close to that area I highly recommend you pay them a visit.  They carry Art Impressions stamps.  I didn't buy any of those because I already owned them all but some were retired so that's a huge bonus for a fan!  I wasn't able to link below from the Buffalo Stamps Store but I did link from Picket Fences.


In case you were wondering, I did not fussy cut all of these little flowers.  I have a Brother Scan and Cut which is great for the WC sets that don't come with dies.


Where I live, it's Fall now.  The last of my flowers are waning.  We'll have a few mums and asters for a bit longer but I'll have to live vicariously through the flowers on my cards until next April.





No comments: