Monday, April 14, 2008

Teacher Thank You


This is a little early but I knew what I wanted to do so here it is. This is the thank you card that I put together for Makena's teacher. I used the Stampabilitie's House Mouse Teacher's Pet stamp. The paper is done with the Cornish Heritage Farms 'Lined Paper Backgrounder' Unmounted Rubber Stamp. I used a border punch to create the rectangles along the edge of the paper and then cut slits to make it look like torn notebook paper. . The A+ is made with the sizzix Fun Serif Upper Case set and I free handed the + sign. The thank you is (I think...) by My Sentiments Exactly. They are clear and I don't have the packaging anymore so I'm guessing. I used colored pencils to color in the image. I hope she'll like it. One of the girls from Makena's class spent the night last night and asked when I would be coming in again to make cards with the class. It's been tough since their teacher's husband is quite ill and she's missed a lot of school this year. I told her maybe for Mother's Day... what mother wouldn't want a card handmade by their child! Lauren was in Makena's class last year too and she got used to making cards with me every couple of weeks. I guess she's not getting her "card fix" this year. She made a couple while she was here so we'll see if that will hold her for a while. I do want to get back in the classroom but first their teacher needs to get caught up.

No comments: