Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Barb


This card is actually kind of old. I made it for my Mother-in-laws birthday in January. The photo survived the computer crash... it was still on my camera so I thought I'd share it with you. My Sister-in-law Lori who lives in Hilton Head saves scraps for me, all kinds of scraps, anything she thinks I can use in my crafts. Every so often I open my mailbox and there is a bubble mailer full of goodies. I received one of those packages just after Christmas and it had all sorts of pretty ribbons in it. I thought two of them coordinated well together... a gold almost mesh looking one and a sheer Burgundy and metallic gold one so they ended up on this card. The beautiful nest is a new image from Inkadinkado. I colored it with my brush tip markers and added stickles for some sparkle. There are 3 crystals in the corner. It was a pretty simple card but I think she liked it. I just finished her Mother's Day card a couple of days ago but I don't want to post that until after she receives it. I don't know for sure if she is checking out my blog but I did send them the link and my Father-in-law is becoming pretty efficient on the computer so there is a chance they may be looking. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. I'm actually sitting on quite a few future posts that you'll see as soon as the recipient does. I have my Dad's Father's Day card made already but I know he checks my blog out. I know he looks to see what I've created but we'll see if he actually READS my ramblings if he comments on this! Dominick has a birthday party to go to this weekend and the boy loves soccer so I hope to have a soccer card to show you soon.

No comments: