Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy House Warming











Some friends of ours just moved into a new house and they had a party this past weekend. I made a couple of tags to put on some bottles that I took for them. One is a wine bottle tag and I tried to make the house on it look a little like theirs. For the most part the house is paper pieced. The letters, tree, fence and grass are made with Sizzix dies. The bird is a Stampin' Up stamp. The curtain inside the window is from Art Impressions. The shingles were done with the Stampin' Up Slit Punch . The wood grain on the white picket fence was done with the Cornish Heritage Farms Weathered Wood backgrounder. I topped it off with a Cuttlebug folder and a scalloped circle done with my Spellbinder's nestabilities. I also got them a bottle of BBQ sauce. We had told them about our favorite wings which believe it or not come from a small little local grocery store. You can get an assortment of sauces on the side. My favorite is one called Sweet and Sassy. On a recent grocery outing to a different store I came across a sauce that tastes identical to that one. It turned out to be my friend's favorite as well so I got her that as a joke. I thought the Art Impressions rooster was cute idea for the tag since the sauce goes on chicken. Anyways... the party was a lot of fun.

No comments: