Tuesday, July 6, 2010

You're only young once!


Hello to all of you in the Northeast.  With the heatwave we're experiencing right now I thought that this card would be very appropriate.  As I said before...I'm restocking my birthday cards and this is another one that I made.  This cute old gal and her sentiment are clear stamps from Inkadinkado.  The round mattes were done with a MS corner punch.  (I showed how I did this in my post here... corner punch tutorial)  I used my Copic markers to color her and the splashes were done with a punch and then highlighted with Stickles Frosted Lace.  The border punch is from EK Success and I added 3 acrylic dots.  There's a cool thing about the dots.  I only had turquoise (no navy) and I didn't really like how they looked.  Turns out there's an easy fix for that.  I took just a tiny bit of my navy acrylic paint and painted just the underside. (the flat part)  It completely changed the color of the dot and looks like they came that way when you adhere them.  Just be sure the paint is dry before you try to glue it on. 

No comments: