Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Going Nautical


Sorry I've been MIA. I came down with Strep throat on Saturday. I spent Valentine's Day on Thursday in Makena's classroom. I was in charge of the kids ice cream sundae party and as they say...no good deed goes unpunished...no I don't really blame the kids. I could have picked it up anywhere. Today is the first day I've felt well enough to sit at the computer and get caught up on all my e-mails and bills...and reading other blogs of course!

This is a card that I sent my nephew for his birthday. He's in his early 20's so it's tough to do a birthday card for him. I thought he might like this. I've got another nephew turning 30 in about a month but I may go a different route with his...you know...since he's going to be old now!

The background stamp is from Cornish Heritage Farms and is found here 'Fishnet Backgrounder' . I embossed the background net with silver embossing powder. The other images are all from PSX. Everything is colored with colored pencils and I used some waterfall stickles and clear glaze to add some detail. There is some burlap rope threaded through a plastic sand dollar button and it's accented with some silver brads. The background papers are 2 different shades of water.

No comments: