Monday, March 29, 2010

Cowboy Boot Birthday!




My sister's family likes western themed stuff so I got the idea to make another shaped card.  (kind of like my guitar)  I got on line and looked for a pattern that I could print out and use.  I came across this cowboy boot pattern and thought it would be perfect.  I did have to straighten the left side so that the card would have a place for me to fold and still keep it together.  After I printed it out I cut out the boot and traced it onto my paper.  I had some self adhesive leather ribbon that worked perfect as the spur straps and the spur is a leather flower.  The metal pieces are upholstery tacks that I snapped the point off of.  I sponged some Scattered Straw distress ink around the edges and stamped happy birthday on the side strap.  Inside I used the Hey Pardner  phrase from Art Impressions and a cactus from Rubbernecker Stamps.

2 comments:

laurie said...

I'm a big fan of the boot card. You are so inventive and talented.

Diane said...

I know this is an old post, but I ran upon it while doing a search for cowboy birthday cards. I ♥ this boot... just toooo cute and I want to make one like this for my grandson's birthday. Thank you so much for the inspiration. Your card turned out soooo cute Ÿ