Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thinking of You







We just found out a few days ago that a friend of ours has breast cancer. NO ONE should ever have to go through that but it seems doubly unfair in this case because this woman just lost her husband to cancer 7 months ago. She's still recovering from that and then to be hit with this is just not right. I wanted to make an extra special card for her so that she knows we are here for her. I chose a butterfly because they are just so beautiful. I used the Bee wings from the Sizzix red die Bee & Ladybug. The body was done by doubling over a piece of wire and stringing it with various beads. When I reached the top I curled the wire to make the antennas. The frame behind the butterfly is another Sizzix red die and the insert was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The ovals around the Thinking of you phrase were all cut with Spellbinder's Nestabilities. I used various silk flowers, buttons, brads, ribbon and tulle to embellish the card. On the inside I used a plain cream piece of cardstock that I antiqued with Ranger inks. I used Antique Linen and Tattered Rose to give the paper an aged look. I then used a variety of foam and clear stamps to decorate around the phrase Wishing you blue skies and sunny days. The butterflies on the inside were done with punches. On the back of the card I used some nestablilites, a Marvy punch and a Martha Stewart border punch to make my signature extra special. I can only hope that this card gives her the slightest bit of comfort.

No comments: