Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's soccer season!



Soccer season?  That makes it sound like it's a temporary occurrence.  In our house soccer lasts from the last week of August until the 3rd week of June.  My kids have a lot of friends who play soccer and I know this card will come in handy.  I tried repeatedly to cut the pentagons freehand with no luck so ultimately I ended up printing a template.  I drew in the lines with a black marker and then painted the black squares and gray highlighting with acrylic paint.   I really like how realistic looking it turned out. 




Card makings:

Creative Memories: circle cutter
Quickutz: Grass die
Art Impressions: Sentiment
Acrylic paint
Small soccer ball: Inkadinkado

1 comment:

Heide said...

Renee,
This is wonderful! We are big Soccer fans too! Every weekend we are on the pitch shouting encourgment.My daughter plays for two teams. I would love to see how you did this or can you email the template to me?