Sunday, June 22, 2008

Howdy Cowboy!






This is another pair of Art Impressions stamp that I just love. (the cowboy and the wagon wheel)I think the western theme is a lot of fun to work with. I did 2 cards, basically the same but reversed the paper and swapped out a light colored twill for a brown ribbon. I colored the images with my water color pencils. The wood plank corners and Howdy are from Rubbernecker and the hinges (which you see on a lot of my cards) are from Cornish Heritage Farms. The cowboy's head and the wagon wheel are mounted on dimensionals for a 3-D effect and you can that if you look for the shadows in the photo. I inked around the edges of the matte to give it a "dirty" cowboy coming in from the range feel. There is also a metal loop brad that I tied some twine onto. I don't normally put small photos on my blog but since I wanted to show so many here I made 2 of them small. You can click on them to see them larger if you like. I had a lot of fun making these!

No comments: