Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Wendy


Yesterday I posted a birthday card for Alex. Well his mom's birthday is only 2 days apart from his so I made her a card as well. As I was browsing a blog the other I came across a circle card made by Monika the M.A.D. Stamper. This is the card that inspired me... http://stampnmad.typepad.com/mad_stamper/2008/04/treasures-of-th.html. I thought this was so pretty and since I just got the nestabilities I wanted to give it a try. I've never cased a card before but this one was just so much fun I had to. I changed the color scheme to purple and used patterned paper for my base. I also inked over the embossed parts of the mattes. There are 3 different shades of Stickles on the butterfly. Also, the ribbon matches better in person. I'm not sure why it looks so "off" in the photo. Oh well. Anyways... Wendy liked it. She said she always looks forward to getting my cards.

No comments: