Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Pinch to grow an inch


As I'm restocking my birthday cards I want to try to make a few that are geared towards kids.  I have loved this crab since the moment I saw him.  He's from the SU set Crab & Co.  and I've used him for many types of cards since I purchased him.  This time I have him holding a present and cake from the set and I used the shrimp and the pinch to grow an inch! phrase on the front bottom.  Inside it says "snappy birthday".  I used 3 different beach themed papers from an old Summer Stack that I have and there are little water drop stickers trailing behind the shrimp.  I colored everything with my copics.  Unfortunately, the color on top of the crab did bleed a little bit but I didn't think it was enough to scrap him.  In order to make it look like he was really holding his gift and cake I took my craft knife & cut along his claw so that the items could be slid in where they needed to be.  Have a snappy day!!

No comments: