Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow Embossing challenge

Welcome to another Sensational Saturday with Sugar Creek Hollow. 

Let's start with a bit of news.
First the sad news - Tracy has decided to close the Sugar Creek Hollow store effective effective immediately and she has put a little note for her followers on the store site, which you can read by clicking here.

But now the good news - we will be keeping the challenge blog open and will be coming back next week with some exciting changes.

This week we are embossing!  Either wet or dry, your choice.  I chose dry because I love the texture it gives to your project.  I have used two stamps 
on my card.  I used the violets from the February flower of the month stamp and Call Me Beautiful Butterfly.

 I've used a 5x7 Cuttlebug folder to do my embossing.  The sentiment is cut out with Stampin' Ups 
word window punch and I used Copic markers to color everything.

 To play along with our challenge just visit the Sugar Creek Hollow weekly challenge blog.
I can't wait to see what you all create!  What a fun challenge!

5 comments:

Heide said...

Renee,
Your card is just lovely. I am always nervous about making a round card. They are so pretty. I am just going to have to put my big girl panties on and give it a go. LOL!
Your card is so pretty, love the butterflies,embossing and lace.

Donna Moore said...

Hi Renee,
What an outstanding and deliciously beautiful card! I love the circle, wish I was closer so you could show me how to do this! It makes such a beautiful and unique card! I love your colors, texture and the images you used, I'll just bet these are some of your favorite colors!?
Today I looked back at some of your previous posts and was touched by your compassion for the eaglets and the tragedy that has struck their small family. I also enjoyed your story and the photos of that adorable bear cub, I would love to have been able to observe him (from a safe place and distance). It seems we share a love of nature and animals.
Thank you for your inspirational art and for sharing some of yourself with us! Lovely!
hugs
donna

Sharon Basel said...

Renee your card is wonderful. So colorful and a super combination of color too. I just love this design - nothing is more refreshing that seeing non-traditionally shaped card like your scalloped circle (I really must use my die more for cards like this). The embossing is fabulous too. How did you match your green lace to the paper? Truly beautiful!
Hugs,
Sharon

Cec said...

Gorgeous. Love the shape of the card and the different looks you got with the embossing folder. Both images work so beautifully together.
Hugs!
cec

Tracy Vinson said...

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! This is truly one of your tops in my book. The shape is just outstanding and everything just really chimes together. Looking forward to another great season.
Tracy