Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Barefoot Contessa's Barbecue Sauce

This is the best BBQ sauce EVER!
I made the mistake of making it once and now 
it's all my family wants.  No more sauce from a jar
for them!  The good news is that it makes a large batch.
I usually get 3 different meals with it.  This time I did Slow Roasted
Country Style Spare Ribs.  I usually do a pulled pork in the crock pot
and then maybe a BBQ Chicken or a pork tenderloin.  I freeze the sauce
for the other two meals in tupperware until I'm ready to make those.
It has a lot of ingredients but it's worth it!


Recipe:
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup veg. or canola oil
  • 12 oz. tomato paste
  • 1 cup (16 oz.) honey
  • 1 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1 cup hoisin sauce 
  • 2TBSP chili powder
  • 1 TBSP ground cumin
  • 1/2 TBSP crushed red pepper flakes

Directions:
  • Saute onions and garlic in oil until translucent but not browned
  • Add all other ingredients
  • Simmer uncovered on low for 30 min.
  • Enjoy!  You'll be eating spoonfuls of it straight from the pot!

No comments: