Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Ahoy! Nautical gift card set from Ellen Hutson

Hello and happy Tuesday!

A little while ago this amazing set of stamps and dies showed up in my mailbox.  

This fun set is available through ELLEN HUTSON.



I wanted to make something special with the set and I finally, after much thought, settled on a gift box with 4 cards that I plan to send to my sister-in-law for her birthday.  She lives near Tampa and spends a lot of time on boats.  I figured she'd get a lot of use out of a nautical set of cards.


I made a flip top box to house my 4 cards and topped it with the adorable sailboat and one of the verses from the set.  You can see the die cut clouds, waves and boat here.


When you open the first flap you can see the message in a bottle.


Then, open the second flap to reveal the card collection.


I stuck to a color scheme that in my mind screams nautical...blues (obviously!) red, yellow and green.
The blue and green made me think of the little blue whales "some people" were wearing on their shirts in the 80's! lol!

Here is the box (in the background) with all 4 cards.  This set just makes me smile.  I know Deb is going to love these.


Another thing I love about these is that they are so gender neutral.  These could easily be given to a man or a woman.

For this card I found some white washed wood paper that I thought would look great with this set.


Here's the inside.


For the next card I went with a simple red, white and blue color scheme.


Next time she needs to thank someone for something they did to help her out she'll have this card.
It's tough to see in the photo but there's an anchor on the red part of the banner hanging down.


For this birthday card I had some fun yellow anchor paper that I took inspiration from.  How fun is this verse??


Inside...a gentle reminder that we can't stop birthdays (and why would you want to...consider the alternative) and therefore you should just Ride the Tide!


This one's a fun one!!  I know seagulls can be a little pushy but they really are a beautiful bird and sometimes quite entertaining.


On the inside is the only time I strayed from the set.  I wanted a simple H.B. verse inside this one so I used one from Art Impressions. (AICS36 – Birthday Wishes)


I hope you've enjoyed this collection as much as I enjoyed making these.

COPICS USED: 

C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, E30, E31, E33, Y08, T3, T5, R02, R27, B21, B41, B93




No comments: