Sunday, August 27, 2023

Flying Fairy from Art Impressions


Flying fairies for Clara Dawn!

Hello everyone and Happy Sunday!

My friend's granddaughter is turning four in September and guess what she likes?  Pink, gems, unicorns and fairies.  Shocking!  lol!




Check out how the fairy really flies!


Here's the left side of the inside.



The right side of the inside.



I filled a little bag full of gems for my friend to give her with the card.



I put a little heart, star and butterfly inside the doors and windows that open up.


I made a second card to send to Ai which was created with the current All Wrapped Up challenge in mind.  Use either real or stamped ribbon or bows.




The right side of this one was done using all Ai stamps and dies.



Now I have two mini picture tutorials for you.

I've had a few people talk about not getting a stamp and die to line up.  (I'm not just talking about Annie, who has replacement dies coming)  Here's a quick little tutorial on how to get perfect stamp and die alignment.

BEFORE stamping, cut out the die cut.
Place the negative space in your stamping platform.



Place the stamp in the cut out space.



Close your platform cover to stick the stamp to it and then open it back up.



Place the die cut back into the cut out space.



Ink up the stamp, close the cover and stamp your image onto the die cut.
Viola!  You have a perfectly stamped and die cut image.


My next tutorial is on how to create the little flying fairy.  Last fall I made two cards with flying images.  One was a Halloween card with flying bats and one was a spring card with a bird and bee.  You can click on each photo to be taken to the original posts.



To make these little cuties fly is really pretty simple.  I cut a hole with a hole punch into my cardstock and into a little piece of acetate.  (I save all my packaging from everything to cut up to make clear cards, shakers and things like this) 



I use a brad to attach the acetate to the cardstock.  Make SURE that you don't close it tightly or your acetate won't swing.  Test it before adhering anything to the card base.  I prefer not to see the brad so I always create something to go over it.  Make sure not to use your foam tape in any area that will stop the little "pendulum" from swinging.



I've used a cloud and only put the tape at the top.



You'll need to pop up the back as well so that the brad can maneuver around.
More foam tape makes that happen.  That's it!  Just a hole punch, a brad and some foam tape.
Wouldn't this be super cute with an angel on a Christmas card?!



Enjoy the rest of your weekend and be sure to share if you decide to make something FLY!!!


5463 – Slimline Dies Set for left hand border on side of card and for inside of Madelyn's card for the sentiments.
5721 – Nested Heart Dies
5562 – Journal Letter Die Set for Clara and Madelyn's names.

Copics used:
G03, G14, Y02, RV02, RV06, N0, N2, N4, E00, E33, E1, E95

Twin Tones:
Lime Green, Yellow, Gray, Sky Blue, Turquoise Blue,
Coral Pink, Princess Pink and Pale Rose


No comments: