Friday, May 2, 2008

You had me at Merlot


This card was made with stamps from 2 different companies. The large wine bottle stamp is from Inkadinkado. The phrase and the flourishes above and below it are from Crafty Secrets (http://www.clearartstamps.com/productpages/sl09.htm ). I was trying to use up some of my scraps and I'm very proud to say that I didn't cut up a single sheet of new paper to make this card (except for the card itself). There is a brass picture hanger with the wine ribbon tied to it. The ribbon was from Michael's but I don't think it's available any more. I also used a paper flower with a crystal brad and two acrylic brads for accents. The stitching is faux rub ons and the image was colored with pencils.


On a funny note... one of the students at my school came running up to me today and said "I know where you live by that bridge!" When I asked her how she knew said she saw me standing in my driveway when all the firetrucks were there. She said "Didn't you see me in my car? I had a big ice cream in my hand!" Too cute.

No comments: