Monday, March 7, 2011

Thank You (for plowing my driveway)

 
For those of you who don't know, I live in upstate NY.  Yesterday I was awakened by pouring rain.  This went on for about 6 hours until every last bit of snow in my yard was gone.  Then....the rains turned to snow and until about 6 am this morning it has been snowing about an inch per hour.  In case that's too much math for you...18 hours = 18-20" of new snow in my yard!  When I opened my garage door this morning to go feed the birds I had to push the snow away so I could get out.  It's up past my knees.  Almost the entire state is under a state of emergency.  The upside is I work in a school so the kids and I have a bonus day!!

Now, onto my card.  Our wonderful neighbor spent over an hour plowing my driveway last night.  (my husband is out of town)  When I saw him pull in on his ATV  I immediately went down to my craft room to start on a thank you card.  I've never called him and asked him to plow before but there's another 6-7" of snow that's fallen since he plowed and I have a HUGE, LONG driveway.  There's no way I can shovel it.  If I plan on going to work tomorrow I'm going to have to break down and ask him to do it one more time.  As soon as I talk to his wife I'm going to find a nice gift to go along with the card.  


Card makings:
Spellbinders: Grand scalloped square, circle, Floral doily motifs
Copic markers
Stickles
Pearls 
Studio 112: clear stamp

1 comment:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Isn't it wonderful to have good neighbours, So much snow! All of the Blogging world seems to have snow at the moment, one would think half the world is snowing!
New Zealand thank goodness has no snow yet, but we had an Earthquake so that is just as catastrophic.
Anyway to your card, I think you have chosen the correct colours for a man, I have just purchased this shapeability set myself, it is a wonderful card Renee.
Smiles:)