This is the best BBQ sauce EVER!
I made the mistake of making it once and now
it's all my family wants. No more sauce from a jar
for them! The good news is that it makes a large batch.
I usually get 3 different meals with it. This time I did Slow Roasted
Country Style Spare Ribs. I usually do a pulled pork in the crock pot
and then maybe a BBQ Chicken or a pork tenderloin. I freeze the sauce
for the other two meals in tupperware until I'm ready to make those.
It has a lot of ingredients but it's worth it!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup veg. or canola oil
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- 1 cup (16 oz.) honey
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP ground cumin
- 1/2 TBSP crushed red pepper flakes
- Saute onions and garlic in oil until translucent but not browned
- Add all other ingredients
- Simmer uncovered on low for 30 min.
- Enjoy! You'll be eating spoonfuls of it straight from the pot!