Sunday, August 19, 2012

Card box tutorial

Hello Ai Fans! 


 You might remember that I recently went on a note card spree and made quite a few for my Sister-in-law.  I wanted a cute way to send them to her so I made this nifty little card holder for her to store them in.  I know I always like to know how someone made something so I've included my tutorial for you.  My image and phrase are from Art Impressions.

Supply list...
2 pieces of paper 8.5"x 5.5"
1 piece of paper 5" x 12"
Border punch
various dies and punches
ribbon

This size box will hold 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch cards.  Mine held 8 comfortably.

1. Start with two pieces of card stock or designer paper cut to 8.5"x5.5" (I used double-sided paper since both sides will show.)  Then score the 5.5" side on one end.  Repeat on second piece.  At this point you may cut a decorative edge on the top portion if you like.  I used a border punch.  Edgeabilities would work well too.


 2. Next, if you'd like a handle go ahead and punch or die cut a shape on both pieces to make a hole.  I placed them together and punched them at the same time to be sure they lined up.  Now glue the two pieces where they are scored together to make the outside of your card box.


3. Next you need to make the inside box.  Cut a piece of card stock or DP to 5"x12". Score at 1" and then turn the paper and score at 1", 5.5" 6.5" and 11".  Fold at the score lines and glue together at "one inch seam section."


4. Glue this part of the box onto the inside of the other portion.

5.Decorate the inside if you'd like.

6. Decorate the front of your box.  Secure at the top with a pretty bow.

Follow Me on Pinterest 
 

2 comments:

Meggymay said...

Thanks for the tutorial is a great box.
Yvonne

Jorill said...

Nice! :0)
Thanks for the tutorial.

Jorill