Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Along came a spider...

Hello and happy Tuesday!

Today I'm sharing another beaded spider. 
This one was made for my friend at work.
She was feeling a little stressed so I thought this might cheer her up.
I used a stick from my yard, a little fishing line and a small suction cup to hang him.



When she stepped out of her classroom I snuck it in and hung it up.  Little bit of trivia...When I typed this "snuck" was highlighted as misspelled and spellcheck suggested changing it to snack.  I Googled the word and this is what I found... 
Snuck as the past tense form of the verb 'sneak' is considered to be a real word chiefly used in North American English. ... The past tense and past participle most commonly used for this verb is sneaked, as in: The thief sneaked in through the backdoor.
Do you use snuck or sneaked?  The deadline sneaked up on me...it just sounds weird.  I wonder if it's a regional thing or I'm just weird? Now I've said the word snuck in my head so many times that it sounds weird too! lol!

I made her a card to go along with the spider and I wrote a little poem for her.

Hello, I'm your spider.
I'm here to spin a web.
Hang me on your window and 
I'll snare those bad thoughts trying
to get in your head.



I chose teal and red for her spider because I know she likes that color combo.



1 comment:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is the prettiest spider I ever have seen. I always thought that sneaked was correct, but use snuck if I am just talking. Hmmm.