Monday, April 9, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Soup

Hope everyone out there had a great Easter!

As I've mentioned before, my kids love hot and spicy
things and anything with Frank's hot sauce in it.
Last week they requested Buffalo Chicken Soup.
This recipe was adapted from my friend Stacy.  I eliminated
the milk and used broth as well as adding lots of veggies.
This has become a family favorite!


 Buffalo Chicken Soup
  • 6 c. chicken broth
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup (I use the 99% fat free kind)
  • 1 can Campbell's Fiesta Nacho soup
  • 3 c. cooked chicken, diced
  • 1 c. sour cream (I used fat free)
  • 2 c. carrots, diced
  • 1 c. celery, diced
  • 2 c. onions, diced
  • 1/4 c. hot sauce (add more to taste, we always use Franks)
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer for 30-40 min. 
This can also be made in the crock-pot.  Cook on low 4-5 hours.

We finish with a little dollop of sour cream or crumbled 
blue cheese and some diced scallions.

Serve with celery and blue cheese.



No comments: