Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Kneel down before HIM

Hello and happy Tuesday!

I had an unusual request last year.  I wasn't sure how people would react to it so I didn't share it but now I just don't care. I tried to take the request very seriously and respectfully.  I hope everyone agrees.


I feel like so many people have become hyper sensitive.  There was NO disrespect meant when this card was requested or made.  I have a friend who has a coworker that had a baby last October.  He was lax and didn't send a well wish right away.



He asked if I could make an ornament or keepsake for baby's first Christmas that had a Nativity scene but also contained the husband and wife's favorite (opposing) football teams and also acknowledged their religious beliefs about Christmas.  That's not an easy request!



I thought it would be sweet if the football players were kneeling, admiring the baby.  Some people didn't think it worked because "kneeling" in the NFL of recent has a negative connotation. That was never my intent. I meant it to be respectful.


My card was a shadowbox that had several layers. 
Though I don't know the recipient or how they felt about the card I hope Marty has a wonderful second Christmas!  I think this should be a FUN one!!





No comments: